Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday Favorites



Not having a job has me singing the blues every now and again. Day to day activities can sometimes seem so monumentally dull and unfulfilling that I would prefer to lie in bed than attempt another mundane task. So rather than (continuing to) wallow in self pity, I decided to spend some time celebrating some of my favorite things. 

Thus, I present to you...





1) Our wedding photos. 

I still remember the smells, sounds, and feelings that accompanied every photo in the set. I love looking them over, my eyes eating up every detail.

My Mother and I

My beautiful bridesmaids (and best friends!)









Thanks to Karen Dicks for capturing our day in such vivid detail!


2) My birthday is coming up in a little over a month.

I'll be turning 25... again. And to celebrate my 4th year of completing a quarter century, I am hoping this little beauty will make an appearance

Michael Kors Selma Satchel

Since my b-day is so close to Thanksgiving, I am hoping to spend the long weekend out at Mt Hood, skiing and relaxing in a cabin similar to this:




3) Portland fashion. 

These 2 words seem incongruous, but let me assure you there is a distinct fashion in my new neck of the woods, and I love it. Half of the year is cold, wet, and wintery, so the population has adapted its style to fit the weather. High waters with ankle boots, short skirts and tights, a rain jacket and scarf with everything. You have seen those shabby-chic model living rooms that look lived in and miss matched, but are somehow still tied together perfectly? Yeah - it's like that.

Source: Urban Weeds

Source: Urban Weeds

4) This Little Guy

I can't tell you how much I love that stinky dog



I feel better all ready. Any favorite you have that you would like to share?


Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment